Saturday, August 30, 2008

Quotable Quotes

I have been tagged again by Neena and this time its about catchy lines from books that I have read.
Jot down 5 of your favorite quotes from the various books you’ve read. If you don’t have the books with you now, googling (Wikiquotes and the like) can be used to find them. Tag five people and acknowledge the person who tagged you. This what the source blog says and that’s what I'll try to do.

Let the first one be from the most popular book of all times.

1.
Jesus: "Wisdom is justified of all her children. "
The Gospel according to Luke Chapter 7 verse 35

2.
Sherlock Holmes: "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius" . The Valley of Fear " Sir Arthur Conan Doyle .

3.
Arun : I know that my achievement is quite ordinary. I am not the only man to seek his fortune far from home, and certainly I am not the first. Still, there are times I am bewildered by each mile I have traveled, each meal I have eaten, each person I have known, each room in which I have slept. As ordinary as it all appears, there are times when it is beyond my imagination. . Interpreter of Maladies , Jhumpa Lahiri

4.
Vito Corleone : "Never get angry. Never make a threat. Reason with People. ”
The Godfather , Mario Puzo

5.
Chacko: "What is mine is mine and what's yours is also mine"
The God of Small Things, Arundhati Roy

1 comment:

Neena Padayatty said...

A Catholic Bible has worded Luke 7:35 as "God's wisdom is vindicated by all those who accept it." Guess it varies from version to version.
Liked the quotes from Sherlock Holmes and Jhumpa Lahiri the best.Thanks for taking up the tag :-)